South River Electric Membership Corporation is committed to working with local and state officials to encourage economic growth in North Carolina and especially in our communities. Our comprehensive economic development program is a combination of networking, special commercial and industrial rates and special low-interest loans. Our expansion and relocation team, together with our professional engineers and support staff, can custom design an energy management program for incoming organizations. We can also provide new industry with other important data to help them make the best choices for expansion and location. We provide a wide array of support for businesses seeking to start, expand, or relocate to the Tar Heel State. These include:
- Assistance with site and building identification, sales and lease (also visit www.sitesacrossamerica.com)
- Energy audit services
- Lighting audit services
- Flexibility in rate design
- Power quality services
- Loan and grant assistance
In the past couple of years, South River EMC has been working overtime to improve the quality of life in our communities by working with several new and existing industries. Since 1995, North Carolina’s electric cooperatives have helped bring more than 14,600 jobs and $903 million of economic investment to the state. Learn more in our special report “Electric Cooperatives and the North Carolina Economy.” [Download PDF]
Business Development Loans
- South River EMC made a $500,000 low-interest loan to the River Landing Center, LLC to assist with infrastructure development for the new mixed-use development located off of Andrews Rd. in Fayetteville. The development will be named Patriot’s Park.
- “South River EMC is committed to helping our community to grow,” said South River EMC CEO and Executive Vice President, Buddy G. Creed. "Patriot’s Park is an indication that our economy my be turning around and, for the Fayetteville area, that is in large part due to the population boom resulting from the relocation of the Forces Command headquarters to Fort Bragg.”
- The first commercial building will be a 46,000 square foot multi-level building, which will serve as the headquarters for Fayetteville defense contractor the Logistics Company. The remaining three facilities will be cement slabs and will be built to suit once a tenant has been secured.
- River Landing Center, LLC is a partnership between the Logistics Co. CEO Lawrence Walsh and Developer John Koenig.
South River EMC is happy to work with commercial and industrial members who have chosen to install a renewable energy generator, with the intent of selling excess power back to the Cooperative.
Commerical Energy Saving Strategies
South River EMC commercial members can find energy saving tips here, or by visiting Touchstone Energy's Business Advisor, by clicking below.
For more information on South River EMC's economic development initiatives or our commercial and industrial programs, contact Manager of Member and Public Affairs Catherine O' Dell at 910-230-2983 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org