- The average life of a CFL is 10,000 hours compared to 750 hours for an incandescent bulb
- Using one CFL in place of an incandescent bulb can save you $4.80 annually
- You can save $36 in energy costs over the life of a CFL
- The average house has 47 light fixtures
- CFLs work best in high traffic areas, they are not recommended for areas where the light is only used for a short time, such as a closet
Here’s a great way to save some money, and make some back!
Send us your receipts for purchases of compact fluorescent lamps, cold cathode bulbs, or LEDS and we’ll send you a check.
You will receive a rebate of $1 per bulb purchased. If you purchase a 6-pack, that's $6 you get back!
- Your home or farm must receive electric service from South River EMC.
- Receipts must be dated within six months of the date of submission.
- Members must provide the original receipt. If your receipt does not clearly indicate CFL or light purchase, please also send in proof of purchase from the packaging (name of manufacturer and product).
- The full name of the member, the account number, and the complete mailing address and daytime phone number must be written on your receipt.
- Checks will be issued on the 15th and the last day of every month.
- Send all receipts to:
South River EMC
Energy Star Lighting
P.O. Box 931
Dunn, NC 28335
- Rebates are subject to change without notice.
- All rebates are subject to approval and are contingent upon fund availability.
- Rebates will not be honored in cases where CFL or cold cathode bulbs are replacing energy efficient bulbs
South River EMC is pleased to work with our commercial/industrial members to help optimize the energy efficiency of their facilities. Newer lighting technology not only saves energy, but it reduces maintenance expenses and, in many cases, can increase light levels. Whether you are making improvements to an existing facility or building a new plant, we will be your partner, ready to provide advice, audits and incentives to maximize your energy efficiency potential.
If you replace your existing HID or incandescent lighting with a new high efficiency lighting system, South River EMC will provide a rebate of 30 cents per watt saved from the old lighting system to a new high-efficiency system. South River EMC requires a cost-benefit analysis, or CBA, prepared by the lighting professionals that compares the old and new lighting systems. The CBA must include the type of fixtures and the number of each, the energy requirements of each fixture (in watts), the annual hours of operation for each fixture, estimated annual cost savings, estimated payback and the cost of the project.
Lighting and New Construction
If you are constructing a new facility, consider the energy-efficient measures you can implement to help control operating expenses once you are open for business. If you put in a more efficient lighting system than is standard, South River EMC will offer an incentive of 30 cents per watt saved between the energy-efficient system and the standard system. South River EMC requires a CBA that compares the standard system and the high-performance lighting systems. The CBA must include the type of fixtures and the number of each, the energy requirements of each fixture (in watts), the annual hours of operation for each fixture, estimated annual cost savings, estimated payback and the cost of the project.
Other energy saving measures taken by our commercial/industrial members will be considered on a case-by-case basis and an appropriate incentive will be determined based on a cost benefit analysis, which will be provided by the member and conducted by the organization completing the work.
For more information, please contact South River EMC at (910)230-2982 or e-mail email@example.com.
Recycle your CFLs.